Cosmetic dentistry or a dental smile makeover is often a big step or commitment for a patient and usually requires extensive rehabilitation and invasive treatment involving, porcelain veneers, crowns, implants and orthodontic treatment (braces). In addition, smile makeovers usually require a significant amount of time and money, depending on the dental problems you are trying to solve.
Snap-on veneers is a solution for people that are uncomfortable or embarrassed by their teeth and who desire a beautiful smile but do not have the time and/or financial means to go through extensive rehabilitation dental treatment.
Snap-on veneers is an alternative smile makeover solution that is non-invasive, quick, very affordable, easy and practical and requires no injections and drilling.
Essentially, Snap-on veneers is a custom made, thin, flexible, removable, full arch device that literally clips or snaps over your existing teeth like a mouth guard or orthodontic retainer. You can wear it over your upper or lower teeth. It is made of acetyl resin material through a computer aided design and milling process.
Snap-on veneers are custom designed for each patient’s needs. It can be made very thin on the palatal and tongue side so that it does not affect speech. You can choose how white you want your veneers. The Snap-on veneers can be put on and taken off instantly and will make your teeth look straight and white and give you a beautiful smile. Snap-on veneers can be used as a temporary or permanent solution to unsightly teeth and provides an ideal combination of beauty and strength.
- Typical patients that request snap on veneers are people who are headed for an audition, event, or the bride to be before she goes for a photo session.
- People who feel self-conscious about the looks of their teeth and their smile but cannot afford porcelain veneers, crowns, implants or orthodontic treatment.
- Close gaps after a tooth extraction or placing an implant.
- Patients who want to preview their smile before committing to extensive and costly dental rehabilitation treatment
- Elderly and does not want to or cannot undergo extensive restorative treatment
- Patients grinding or clenching their teeth at night.
- Patients with a collapsed vertical dimension due to bruxing and grinding teeth
- Patients with severe teeth wear due to grinding and bruxing of teeth and where teeth are not visible.
- Patients that want a quick confidence boost.
- If you are looking for an instant smile make-over to correct ugly, uneven, gaps, discoloured, worn, and missing teeth.
- Convenient and simple - only two appointments are required – one 30 minute appointment for taking impressions (mould) of your teeth and another 30 minute appointment to fit and adjust the prosthesis.
- Cost much less than invasive smile make-overs with ceramic veneers, crowns, implants and orthodontic treatment
- Non-invasive – no injections, drilling or cementation is required – totally painless.
- Preview your new smile before having extensive smile rehabilitation dental treatment done.
- Temporary prosthesisto replace a missing tooth after an extraction or a dental implant placement while you wait for your mouth to heal.
- It can also be used as a functional appliance to prevent grinding of teeth at night-time.
Step 1: Clinical assessmentand discussion to establish what your needs are and whether you are a candidate for Snap-on veneers. (15 minutes)
Step 2: Your dentists will take accurate impressionsof your teethand bite registration, select the shade and shape you desire, and take photographs for smile design (15 minutes)
Step 3: The impressions (moulds) are sent to the laboratory for customized fabrication with CAD/CAM milling from a block of acetyl resin (5 hours)
Step 4: Your dentist will insert the Snap-On veneers to make sure that it fits properly over the teeth. (Both hands and correct path of insertion should be used, also ensuring that the prosthesis is not twisted or flexed during insertion). The dentists will polish and adjust where necessary and provide patient care instructions. (30 minutes).
Snap-on veneers are not recommended in the following cases:
- Severe dental decay
- Severe periodontal disease
- Severe protruding teeth
- Edentulous cases